Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sacrifice

"The number one thing is sacrifice. If you don't sacrifice anything, you're never going to get what you want in life. You could be good at a bunch of things but literally you could only be great at one thing. So you have to sacrifice all those things. Work, school, girlfriends, boyfriends, whatever the case may be, to be what you want to be, so you'll get there."  - Dominic Sandoval

I love this. It's something one of my idols said in an interview and I agree with it 100%. If we want something that is going to be hard to get, you're going to have to sacrifice a few things, break a few rules, disappoint a few people. It's all a part of the journey and it's what makes us stronger and makes it all worth it. If you want something bad enough, go get it. Unless it's drugs. Then you probably shouldn't be doing that. But don't let others get in the way of your dream. Don't let negativity effect you negatively. That's something I live by. I don't let what others think about me effect me because it can only effect me if I let it. Stop being so worried that someone will look at you funny if you do something weird or wear something weird. Laugh at that funny look! Five years from now, you'll be wishing you would have been more open. Your High School years will only be a memory and they won't matter anymore! So go do something that you normally wouldn't, wear the things you want because hey, if it's you, then it's you! and No one can take you away from yourself! If someone doesn't approve of you, hey! Who cares? It doesn't affect you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment