Thursday, April 18, 2013

Memories

I used to live in a small town called Santaquin. Some of you may have heard of it, some of you may not have! I had the mountains right on the other side of my backyard fence. My brothers and I would go and hike those mountains everyday. Everyday until one day, that is. I remember being up near the top when we started hearing odd noises. Then about 5 four-wheelers came racing up the trail. They had been shooting at us with bb guns! There were about 7 teenagers. They were screaming at us telling us to leave. Now that I think about it, they were probably on drugs or something. All of my siblings and I scattered and down the mountain side and they followed us. We hid in trees and eventually met together except for one brother. We ran out to find them with my brother in a head lock. My oldest brother told them to let him go, then eventually he did.  We ran home and they still chased us! I had so much adrenaline in me that I jumped a six foot fence into our backyard. I was EIGHT. Plus I was short as a kid! I was never able to jump that fence before and still couldn't after. We then had the police contacted and people come in with yearbooks and have us pick out faces from the yearbook. We haven't been in those mountains since!

No comments:

Post a Comment